Dawn to Dusk

A World to fit every fantasy imaginable. Just with a modern twist.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

An Ancient Approaches

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Serafina bit her lip, watching carefully. She tilted her head as she listened to what he was saying. But it didn't make sense to her, she'd only inform elders about certain things. She just didn't undestand, was she not in the loop of something. However she just shrugged and simply nodded. Serafina didn't know much since she was thought of as a child.

Serafina laughed fully "I had to..." she stopped, freezing. Her eyes widen as she finally realized what the was taking about. Between  him saying she would have to inform her elders and the language of the dead. Her eyes were very wide, he couldn't have been THAT important could he? She gulped, and leaned away from him, slightly aware but simply blink, then smirked "yeah ok... nice try you ALMOST had me!"

Serafina let her hands return normal, but she bowed her head, a headache forming. The pain, just even a tiny amount was enough to cause her to recoil slightly, she shook her head speaking more mature then she ever has, as if someone was speaking through her "no one should bare it alone. Your heart aches and your mind wonders. Yes a being may be destoryed by it if they carry it themselfs, but two minds can carry the burden of thousands."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Zander smirked as the Angel laughed after he spoke, though his brow furrowed in confusion as she froze, and her eyes widened. He noticed her lean away, and realized he may have pushed his luck a little too far with all his hints being dropped. Then he exhales loudly in a sigh of relief, though that again should have been a tip off, had Serafina been paying attention. He forced a smirk onto his face, running a hand through his hair. Zander knew he needed to be more careful with what he said, or he would say too much.

Zander's hand immediately moved towards Serafina as her head sagged, an unconscious response from his body, which the Dragon didn't even question. He lay it beneath her chin, tilting her head back up to face his. "Are you alright?" He asked, concern etched into his features, though he didn't know, nor notice. His eyes widen as she speaks, heart pounding. Instead of seeing the small child in front of him he saw a different woman, one who shared the name. "S-sera... Those words... How do you... Where did you... Who are you?" He asked, his eyes searching her facial features, those words triggering ancient memories he thought long buried. His body quivered slightly from the sudden surging of emotions.

Clamping down on his outburst of emotion Zander released Serafina's face, burying his own in his hands, forestalling any response by mumbling between them. "I'm alright, I just need a minute."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Serafina knew somewhat what was going on, but she didn't want to push it. He didn't want to talk about it so she wouldn't force him to. Besides who is she to judge when she doesn't even know her own past. She didn't know why she was created or who she was besides her name being Serafina and her brother, so she understood why he didn't want to share. However when he asked if she was ok, she nodded " your pain...it just hurts that's all. See I basically took your pain and applied it to myself. When I heal I take on whatever I healed, no matter if its emotional or physical. It will effect me just the same." Though she was surprised she told him what she cut off at first.

Serafina finally spoke "what the bloody hell hell Z?! You already know who I am." However she realized what he meant, her adult side, that's what had him so upset "I ... I have a split personality, it came when this form was my punishment for disobeying. They said that side, the 'adult and mature' side is from my original form, though I don't really remember much." She explained gently but her body still spoke of fear, unsure of how the man would react.

She gently scooted closer, and set her hand on his shoulder "Z? Y-you don't look ok. Was it something I said?" She was now unsure of herself, he didnt exactly seem that he wanted to be touched by her. Her hand glowed slightly at her concern but it disappeared, not wanting to upset him more, she just wanted to help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Zander's eyes widen as she explained her powers, it sounded awful, taking in someone elses pain and discomfort. He wondered how much it took in, did she know what the cause was, because if so that would lead to some problems. "Do... Do you see what causes whatever ails them? Do you also get whatever is causing the strong emotional pain as well?" He had to know, it was paramount. If she knew the reason, if she even suspected what he truly was, who he truly was, there could be big trouble.

The shock kept coming for Zander as she explained how she had been punished, and as a result was forced into this form, and that created a split in her personality. His eyes widened yet more, the words she had spoken moments before coming back to him, he trembled again, his eyes holding an odd gleam, possibly one of tears. He forced himself to blink, dispelling any moisture that had built up in his eyes, not allowing himself to break down here. "That... doesn't sound like the Angels I know, this is a very odd form of punishment..."

The Dragon lifted his head from his hands as the Angel lay a hand on his shoulder. He didn't want to say the truth, that yes, it was something she had said, and hurt her, because it wasn't something bad, it just triggered old memories. "In a way.... You're word choice reminded me of... someone else, a long time ago." He inhaled deeply, eyes closed. exhaling slowly he calmed himself. "I'm sorry about all that..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Serafina bit her lip lightly, then looked down, wondering if she should tell him more but then decided she would "only if I choose to see them. If I focus hard enough I can see the memories. But I think its a invasion of privacy, so I merely take the pain. Its mostly physical but if I take emotional pain, I feel what they feel; longing, sadness, anger, pain. Everything."

Serafina looked down, tears in her eyes but she looked away "yeah well...i ... it was my fault. I disobeyed, I did something I was not supposed to do. Although I have no memory of it. See this punishment was set because they didn't have the heart to destory me, so they use me as a healer, however in this body I don't have much strength." She shrugged not really caring, its the only life she knew. She looked away once more, saddnes by both his pain and her own.

Serafina's head jerked to him, then down and away, she didn't mean to hurt him. She shook her head "don't apologize its fine. Its good to get your emotions... besides you seemed to miss that person allot, so I guess I'm honored in a way." She said with a slight smile. Though she pulled her hand away, setting them in her lap "sorry, I know being touched by an angel isn't exactly your cup of tea." She said with a light hiss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Zander nodded slowly, though that meant she still could have seen, had she wanted to. However Zander trusted her word. Though if she also had taken his emotional pain, she might feel the immense loss he felt, the world crushing sadness. He swallowed, but as long as the memories of the person who those feelings were towards did not accompany them his secret, and that person's, was safe. "I see, well.... Not to be rude, but I hope you didn't focus there..."

Zander wanted to comfort the Angel, but didn't know what to do, what she would accept, if anything, from a demon. A thought came to him, that might provide some small measure of comfort. "If it's a punishment that means there's always the chance of it being lifted, if you prove to your elders you've changed. I mean, obviously I don't know what you did to deserve this, but theres always a chance at redemption... Trust me, I know."

Zander gritted his teeth, he felt bad for saying what he had, regardless of how true it was. He nodded however, and didn't apologize again. He raised his eyebrows as she pulled her hand away, frowning as she spoke. "You'd be surprised..." He let the sentence sit, keeping eye contact with Serafina the entire time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Serafina shook her head and smiled "again its a invasion of privacy, I didn't take memories from you, only pain." She rubbed her temples as the headache was now gone, as well as the emotional pain. The pain never stayed long, she could heal quite quickly and return normal.

Her eyes widen as she looked at him but then down "I suppose so. No.. I hope so." She offered a smile to the elder demon "hmmm... maybe your not so bad. Maybe just maybe." She joked but was very thankful for him. She smiled gently and gently pushed his shoulder with hers, then looking away as if she didn't do anything.

Serafina looked at him once more then away, wrapping her arms around her knees "you sure as hell acted like it, you've shaken me off several times. But then again a elder demon wouldn't want some pesty angel around....not even angels do." She said the last.part under her breath, and very very quietly. She couldn't believe that she was getting so touchy about it, normally she didn't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Zander exhaled in relief, believing the words Sera spoke, trusting in the words of the Angel. He noticed her rub her temples as if she had a headache, and he scowled, assuming correctly that it had been cause by his pain that she had taken from him. He sighed lightly, and shook his head. This was why he didn't share his problems, it just hurt other people to learn of his tortured past. Surviving the mass slaughter of his children should have driven him insane long, long ago, yet somehow he still clung to his sanity, even going so far as to begin having more children.

Zander glanced over at the small Angel, smiling lightly. When she playfully shoved him with her shoulder, he responded in kind, gently shoving her as well. He chuckled lightly, and leaned backwards on his hands, feeling a bit better now.

He frowned as she spoke again. "I'm sorry about that, it's nothing to do with you. I've lived so long alone and in hiding that interacting with anyone, let along one of your kind is difficult. And you not a pest, you just scared me at first, not because you yourself are frightening, but what you represented: the end of my hiding and secrecy. If you could find me, so could others of your kind, or worse, others of my kind seeking to use my power." He rested his hand on her shoulder, smiling gently at her to try to reassure her that he wasn't upset with her at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 pm

Serafina smiled gently at him, showing him that the pain was gone now. She felt like her old self. However she did think about how much pain he was in. She wanted him to give some burden to her so he wouldn't have to feel so lonely, but she doubted that would ever happen. Serafina smiled, he was just like her in some ways.

The young angel laughed as the elder gently shoved her back to. It showed how comfortable the two are with each other. She gently poked his side and leaned back as well, glad to have a friend. At least that's what she called him. Did he think of her as a friend? Or a risk?

Serafina's eyes widen as she looked to him, just blinking at his words. Her eyes glanced at the hand on her shoulder, half her mind telling her to pull away but she didn't she offered a smile and gently placed a hand on his, tilting her head cutely "no its ok. I understand. I know how you feel." She spoke with a gentle tone but then laughed, holding up her free hand in a fist "but if any of those over grown birds or demons wanna piece of my friends they'll have to go through me!" She straightensd her back and huffed but laughed and smiled afterwards, not realizing she had called him her friend outloud. An angel and demon....friends...only the two could be so crazy and daeing to do so, and she was the first to say so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:37 am

Zander arched an eyebrow at the young angel as she said she knew how he felt. He highly doubted the accuracy of that statement, but didn't comment on it. However his mouth dropped open slightly as she called him her friend. He didn't say anything at first, for a lack of anything to say. He licked his lips, and turned his head down, thinking furiously. Not only did she call him her friend, but she reminded Zander so much of someone from his past, someone he had long since thought he had gotten over.

Smiling Zander turned back to Serafina. "You're not the first Angel to try to be my friend. And you already know what happened to the last one... Even if you think you don't." Zander still didn't feel comfortable coming out with the whole truth, but he would drop hints, and hope she stumbled upon it herself. If not then he would probably eventually just come out with it, since she deserved to know what he was talking about, but Zander would rather not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:12 pm

Serafina smiled gently while tilting her head slightly. However she giggled at his surprised, although she herself was surprised. Normally a friendship between a demon and an angel was sheer criminal. An angel seen with a demon was considered a traitor but despite the odds she still wanted the friendship. So she simply offered him a large smile and cute big eyes as any child would. However what she didn't know was they held a friendship before, maybe even something more then that.

The young angel looked at Zander like he suddenly grew a second head that was currently breathing fire. She looked him over once then again, then once more making sure she wasn't hearing things. She sat back and pondered....could it be her and this mystery person met before?  No it's impossible, she would have heard about it "how would I know anything about your past relationship." She said 'relationship' instead of 'friendship' because somewhere deep inside her, she knew it was a relationship that had blossomed, possibly more then friendship but she could be wrong. Serafina looked out ahead and sighed "it's possible I suppose. To have known her in my previous form. But I have no idea what your talking about now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Thu May 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Zander opened his mouth then furrowed his brow, he hadn't thought of that possibility. That maybe she had known who he was talking about, and had picked up her mannerisms. He liked that thought, and smiled. "Thats not what I meant, though I suppose it is possible. What I meant was that the story is... history, I mean... we spoke about her earlier."

Zander looked up in Sera's face to catch her reaction to his words, watching her closely for any sign of recognition, or shock, or anything. Zander hardened himself to whatever was coming, knowing that most likely she wouldn't believe him, or that she would attack him, or yell, or verbally assault him. Or worse, she tells her elders. Zander inwardly groaned at that prospect, cause if she told, he'd have to kill her. Zander realized he didn't have the stomach to go through with it, which he had experienced only once before... with the original Serafina...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Serafina's eyes narrowed in confusion, what the hell is wrong with that demon. Though her eyes began widening very slowly, with each word he spoke. The only woman they spoke about was Fina and h.. Her original form! It couldn't be, could it? Could they have known each other? She began laughing and smirking "impossible!" Though her laugh got caught in her throat suddenly. Her mouth agape, her eyes widen so much they hurt "n-no." It was possible.  That would explain her sudden connection to the demonic male. But that's a long shot, it had to be. She knew (thought) the male was just kidding her, there was absolutely no way he could be Sioux because she's been cursed for a while now.

Serafina placed a hand over her mouth, her curse! She looked at him and suddenly stood, her eyes narrowed "I do hope your not talking about who I used to be!! I was curse for caring for a de-" She froze. Her face was one of emotionless, standing here just staring at him. She turned her back to him "you've gone far enough Z. I doubt you...you were him. Elders were supposed to kill him. So do not bring this up again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Mon May 05, 2014 12:14 am

Zander merely watched and waited, her laughter and smirk not surprising him. She thought he was kidding. Zander's body tensed as she suddenly stopped laughing, staring at him, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. He heard her stuttering, and lowered his head slightly. He swallowed the lump in his throat. This was proving harder than he expected.

As she stood Zander looked up at her, his own eyes widening. He leapt to his feet, eyeing Sera critically. "I wasn't talking about you, or at least I hadn't thought I was... Oh god." He ran a hand through his hair, looking back as she spoke again. He stopped pacing, puffed out his chest, and smirking lightly to try and ease the tension said. "Many have claimed to have killed me, by the many names I've gone by throughout my long life, but as youu can see I'm still here. Give me the name, perhaps we could settle this now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Mon May 05, 2014 12:34 am

Serafina was getting really freaked out, it seemed as though even he wasn't talking about her but technically he was in a way, or at least who she used to be. But he just said he wasn't talking about her. She bit her lip in thought then sighed, it must just be a joke. Then she looked at him and laughed again, this time because he looked so funny with a puffed out chest.

Serafina bit her knuckle in thought, looking down. What was his name again, her eyes lit up "that's..it..it was... Sioux! That's it." She didn't really remember much except a battlefield burning, but she couldn't remember Sioux any more. She smiled remembering her dear lover's name, a name that was supposed to be wiped off the face of the earth. Her eyes grew brighter as she stepped forward, eyes large like a kid looking at a toy "Do you possibly know Sioux?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Mon May 05, 2014 10:39 am

Zanded smiled lightly as Serafina laughed at his pose, the exact reaction he had hoped for. He watched her take her knuckle into her mouth as she clearly thought about the name, or at least he assumed thats what she was thinking of. Zander didn't say anything, not wanting to interrupt her thought process and possibly make her forget the name again. He stood patiently waiting.

As she began to speak Zander could feel his heart beating in his chest, it was getting faster as she stumbled at first. However when she spoke the name it nearly missed a beat. It hit Zander like a physical blow to the chest, knocking the wind out of him. Though he didn't move, just inhaled sharply. He indeed knew the name, and simply nodded. It was a persona he had adopted for the war, to hide who he truly was, but still fight for his children. It was in the final battle where he had met Fina.

Voice cracking The Dragon spoke. "Yes, I know the name. It is a name I once went by, during the Purge war..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Mon May 05, 2014 11:19 am

Serafina watched him carefully not knowing what was going through his head. Though when he nodded her eyes lit up, possibly he could still be alive, all this time. Though if he was he would get a major slap in the face for making her cry all those nights. Finally she had a way of reversing the curse, if he was alive. Her heart beat painfully fast but suddenly stopped.

She stumbled back slightly, her eyes wide. War? She remembered fighting but a war? She then looked him over and glared daggers "don't mess with me Z! He died, Elders told me so!" Her eyes began tearing up but she quickly wiped them away. She turned so her back was to him, she debated weither to believe him or not. He hasn't lied before so he have her no reason to not believe him. But she couldn't bring herself to look at him, not after he claimed to be her dead lover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander "Z" Zeke

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Sat May 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Zander looked away. He could understand why she wouldn't believe him, and why she might no even want to. He knew it was a lot to take in, and so he sat in silence. He turned to look at her however when she said that he had died, because the elders told her so. "Wouldn't be the first, or the last time your elders thought that they killed me. Like I've said before, I've gone by many names, and someone has claimed, in error, to have killed each one of them."

He kept his eyes on Sera, not caring that she turned her back to him. If this was real, if she believed him, if she is who she claims to be, Zander didn't exactly know what would come of this. He sighed, and leaned back on his hands, closing his eyes, and resting his chin on his chest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serafina

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   Sun May 25, 2014 11:57 am

Serafina held her hand close to her chest. For all these years, she was confinced he was dead. And that his last breath wasn't for her. He didn't want to see her. The elders made her think that her only lover would never be able to say her name or gently hold her anymore. They- then a thought hit her. She could not return normal if her lover was dead. She would remain their pet with no memory of what was happening, but why would that be important? Why would they need to go to the extreme to prevent her from remembering anything?

She listened to each and every word he spoke, noting the similarities to what she could remember. She sighed and realized he was telling the truth. Although she couldn't believe her eyes or ears. If only she could remember his face but every time she did she'd see Z, which made her more confused. Then she hissed through her teeth, he was telling the truth, that bastard. This made her turn sharply on her heals. She made her was swiftly and quietly over to him, raising her hand and hoping to be bringing it down and across his right cheek, her eyes burning with fire "that's for leaving me alone, thinking you died!" She yelled right at him, tears streaking her cheeks. She then kisses the same cheek, healing it slightly then standing and turning "and...that's for saving me that day."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Approaches   

Back to top Go down

An Ancient Approaches
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawn to Dusk :: United States of America :: Las Vegas :: Vegas Strip-
Jump to: